TOP BAR - Fixtures

Match Stats - Fix Info

Match Page 2017-18 - Summary

Wasps 37 Harlequins 6

15 Feb 2015
Wasps 37 Harlequins 6

Quick-fire first-half tries from Tom Varndell and Elliot Daly set Wasps on their way to a comfortable bonus-point Aviva Premiership Rugby victory over Harlequins at the Ricoh Arena.

With Wasps 9-3 ahead thanks to the boot of Andy Goode, Varndell went over and was quickly followed by Daly as the hosts took control of the clash.

Wasps added two penalty tries after the interval as they eased to victory, Harlequins only having two Nick Evans penalties to celebrate all afternoon.

It was visitors Quins who started the game on the front foot, fly-half Evans looking dangerous with both his boot and with ball in hand.

But it was Wasps who were first on the scoreboard after Thomas Young won a penalty at the breakdown and veteran fly-half Goode sent the ball flying through the uprights on 13 minutes.

And just six minutes later the home side found themselves 9-0 in front, Goode adding two more penalties.

After 20 minutes Evans got Harlequins on the scoreboard with a three-pointer of his own, but just a minute later Wasps were celebrating the game’s first try. Christian Wade showed great pace and speed to burst past two would-be tacklers before he was held up and the ball was whipped along the back line for Varndell to dot down, Goode adding the extras.

And just a few moments later Wasps were over the tryline again, this time Daly dotting down after a great drive by his forwards. Goode again converting and Wasps were 23-3 ahead.

Evans had a chance to get Quins back in the game but missed a 36th-minute penalty attempt, however he was successful with another effort on the stroke of half-time to peg Wasps back slightly at 23-6.

Wasps thought they had try number three four minutes after the restart as Nathan Hughes went over, but the television match official adjudged he had been held up.

However, the home side didn’t have to wait much longer to add to their tally as they were awarded a penalty try on 48 minutes after Quins pulled down a Wasps drive illegally. George Robson was sent to the sin bin and Goode added the conversion for a 30-6 lead.

Despite being a man light Hareqluins grew into the game and Danny Care produced a good break down the blindside only to be halted by Wade and Joe Simpson.

And with ten minutes left Evans kicked to the corner as Quins looked to make their pressure tell, only for a knock on to end any hopes of that.

Wasps were also pressing though and with Jack Clifford in the sin bin the home side grabbed a bonus point two minutes from time with their second penalty try, replacement Alex Lozowski converting for a 37-6 victory.

Get 20 per cent off a limited number of tickets to the Aviva Premiership Rugby Final 2015. Visit to take advantage of this great offer.

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing

Related News