TOP BAR - Fixtures

Match Stats - Fix Info

Match Page 2017-18 - Summary

Match Report: Wasps 62 Worcester Warriors 10

13 Nov 2016
Match Report: Wasps 62 Worcester Warriors 10

Wasps produced a brilliant second-half display to run away with their Anglo-Welsh Cup clash with Worcester Warriors, claiming a 62-10 victory.

Dai Young’s side led 19-10 at the break after an entertaining opening 40 minutes, but cut loose in the second half.

Dan Robson made a big impact after coming on, scoring twice and creating three more tries to see Wasps to a convincing win.

Josh Adams’ double in the first half had kept the Warriors right in it, but the home side were able to pull away after the break.

Click here for the latest fixtures and results from the Anglo-Welsh Cup

Worcester were denied a first-minute try by a tight forward pass decision, and this allowed their hosts to draw first blood through hooker Tom Cruse.

The hooker squeezed into the corner after some neat handling and fly-half Connor Eastgate converted with a superbly struck kick.

The visitors struck back immediately through full-back Adams, who took full advantage of a quick tap when the hosts nodded off at a defensive penalty.

And things got better for the Warriors’ full-back, who then streaked 65 metres for a second score after Wasps made a bad midfield handling error.

But the home side soon recovered their composure and the lead thanks to a counter-attack try of real quality, created by Tom Howe and finished by Thomas Young.

Eastgate converted, and time remained for the hosts to extend their lead before the interval, when neat handling put replacement flanker Jack Willis into the corner.

This was further extended by the bonus-point try immediately after the restart, which was touched down by Robson but owed everything to a sublime Young offload.

Click here for the latest Anglo-Welsh Cup tables and an explanation of the format of the tournament

Robson underlined the immediate impact he was making by bursting 50 metres from his own 22, after which good support from Howe and Cruse sent Brendan Macken under the posts.

Eastgate converted both tries, and shortly before the end of the third quarter Wasps added another long-distance score, again created by Robson, and this time finished by Howe.

It was rapidly turning into a rout, and replacement fly-half Jacob Umaga was the next scorer, in support of Piers O’Conor’s break.

Another replacement Owain James converted, but he was unable to upgrade Robson’s second try, which arrived with ten minutes remaining, again from inside his own half.

Worcester finished with 14 men after replacement Alex Hearle was forced off with a head injury with their replacements already all on the field.

O’Conor added the ninth score by cruising over on the blindside of a driving lineout, then Umaga’s second score rounded off a forgettable day for the visitors.

The second round of the Anglo-Welsh Cup kicks off this weekend. For full details of the tournament and tickets for the Final at the Twickenham Stoop on Sunday 19 March see

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing