TOP BAR - Fixtures

Match Stats - Fix Info

Match Page 2017-18 - Summary

Match Report: Scarlets 44 Bath Rugby 21

11 Nov 2016
Match Report: Scarlets 44 Bath Rugby 21

Bath Rugby could do little to deny Dan Jones delivering a masterclass from the tee as Scarlets staged a second-half comeback to overcome their visitors in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.

It was the hosts who showed the early intent, and got their reward when Zach Mercer conceded a penalty, allowing fly-half Jones to break the deadlock.

Click here for the latest fixtures and results from the Anglo-Welsh Cup

Bath struggled to settle in the early stages, and it wasn’t long before Scarlets doubled their advantage, Jones stepping up once more after the visitors were penalised for not rolling away.

But it was Bath who first crossed the whitewash, Max Lahiff barging over from the maul before Rhys Priestland, playing against his former club, converted to edge his side into the lead.

And they extended that lead just minutes later as Lahiff scored his second of the game, Priestland once again adding the extras from the tee.

Jones temporarily narrowed the gap following the restart, successfully going for the posts after Bath conceded a penalty, but it wasn’t long before Todd Blackadder’s men scored their third try of the night.

This time it was winger Jeff Williams with the honours, diving over the line after receiving a looping pass out wide, before Priestland ensured a 21-9 Bath advantage at the interval.

Scarlets got their first try of the game just after the 50-minute mark, going for the touch after winning a penalty at the scrum.

Click here for the latest Anglo-Welsh Cup tables and an explanation of the format of the tournament

Josh Macleod crashed over the line to bring his side back into the game, with Jones burying the conversion to narrow the deficit.

And it was all square at Parc y Scarlets just before 65 minutes when replacement Tom Phillips crossed from close-range, Jones adding two from the tee to give Scarlets the slim advantage.

Bath’s fortunes continued to go downhill when Priestland was shown yellow, before Emyr Phillips got a try of his own from the resulting line-out, Jones continuing his dominance from the boot to once more add the extras with ten minutes remaining.

Scarlets continued to maintain the pressure as the clock ticked, and Jack Condy all but put the tie out of Bath’s grasp with a try five minutes from time to win the bonus point, followed by yet another successful conversion.

And Condy got his second, and Scarlets’ fifth try, just minutes later, charging over following a stunning run before Billy McBryde slotted the conversion to wrap up the victory for Wayne Pivac’s men.

The second round of the Anglo-Welsh Cup kicks off this weekend. For full details of the tournament and tickets for the Final at the Twickenham Stoop on Sunday 19 March see

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing