A rare opportunity to work with our ground-breaking HITZ programme has come up to provide academic and pastoral support to learners to enable them to successfully complete their programme of study.
The right candidate will have a minimum of PTLLS or a willingness to achieve this in the first year for these roles which will be based in Reading and Merton.
Job title: HITZ Programme – Tutor
Reporting to: CSL Training Manager
Description of Job Role:
The role of the HITZ Tutor provides academic and pastoral support to learners to enable them to successfully complete their programme of study. The tutor plans appropriate schemes of work and lesson plans in order to deliver qualifications successfully. These qualifications are, any that are taught in a CSL training facility and work environment. Any course materials and learning aids will also be developed and produced. Tutors undertake individual reviews, monitor progress made against qualification criteria and planning actions and activities to fully support the achievement of the qualification. Tutors will work with learners aged from 14 years old and at any level, from Foundation (Entry) to Level 4.
- To plan, prepare and teach lessons which meet Ofsted criteria for good or better teaching and learning.
- To deliver and assess on the following programmes: BTEC Level 1/2 Work Skills, Level 1 Principles of Coaching Sport and Functional Skills Maths and English.
- Develop and produce all course materials for learning activities to ensure learners are appropriately engaged, supported and able to achieve success.
- To assess learner’s work against the criteria stated by the Awarding Body.
- Working closely with the HITZ Manager to organise and facilitate offsite activities including a visit to an Outdoor Adventure Centre and relevant Industry Days.
- To liaise with the Training Manager concerning ‘on course’ support provided for learners taught by the tutor, to ensure effective communication exists between ‘support’ and ‘delivery’.
- Review teaching strategies and lesson plans in view of the outcomes produced by the learners and amend as necessary.
- To carryout timely learner reviews.
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data concerning learners taught by the tutor and produce effective, efficient and well organised records and reports to assist in day to day working and financial audit. Provide up to date and accurate feedback to the Training Manager.
- To monitor and track the overall progress of learners in the caseload, accessing relevant support systems and staff expertise as needed. Monitor attendance, punctuality and ILPs of these learners.
- Support and respond sensitively and empathically to learner disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding young people.
- Refer learners concerns to the nominated person for safeguarding and child protection
- Make recommendations to the Training Manager where interventions and strategies deployed have failed to address concerns about a learner’s progress.
- To order, using company documentation, equipment and materials required for the smooth running of the classes taught from the Training Manager.
- To maintain discipline and Health and Safety requirements in all areas of the centre.
- To ensure that the ‘housekeeping’ of your training environment, and the work area in general, meets company requirements.
- Internally Verify courses as recommended by Training Manager in line with Company Policy.
Key tasks to support responsibilities of the role
- The preparation of lesson plans and learning aids to be developed and shared with others in the Training team.
- To register learners twice a day 5 minutes before the start of the morning and afternoon sessions
- That work areas are well prepared with appropriate tools, equipment and materials in order that teaching and learning can be effective.
- To plan and execute appropriate assessments for learners, in accordance with the requirements of the Awarding Body.
- To engage with local stake holders to establish work experience placements.
- To work closely with the HITZ Manager to recruit new learners.
- The maintenance of accurate and up to date learner progress information.
- In liaison with the Training Manager, refer learners to Learner Service when a need is identified.
- Dealing with difficult behaviour in a calm and professional manner in accordance with company policies.
- To promote Health and Safety procedures at all times.
|Education & Training|
|A minimum of PTLLS or willingness to achieve this in the first year||X|
|Computer related qualifications||X|
|Minimum of Level 2 or equivalent qualification(s) in English and Maths||X|
|Minimum of Level 2, but preferably a Level 3 qualification in the vocational area||X|
|An Assessor and/or IV qualification||X|
|A willingness to engage in continuous professional development||X|
|Experience which demonstrates:|
|Industry experience for the job role and sector||X|
|Understanding of the needs of people||X|
|Knowledge of the qualification framework||X|
|Work with people, preferably within an educational environment||X|
|An ability to show initiative in developing and maintaining systems||X|
|Presenting to groups of people in an engaging and informative manner||X|
|An ability to provide accurate information||X|
|An ability to deal with people sensitively and confidentiality within policies and procedures||X|
|Competent use of database systems to record, analyse data and provide reports||X|
|Personal Skills & Qualities|
|Articulate and approachable, good interpersonal skills||X|
|Good telephone manner and attention to internal and external customer care||X|
|Able to communicate with learners and employers at all levels both verbally and in writing||X|
|Able to work under pressure and to deadlines||X|
|High level of attention to detail||X|
|Flexibility and ability to contribute to a team approach||X|
|Ability to use initiative||X|
|Honesty and Integrity||X|
Salary Range: £23,400 (£12 per hour) – £28,275 (£14.50 per hour). Salary will be paid pro rata and depending on qualifications and experience and to be negotiable.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter to denise.mooney@Procat.ac.uk or to the address below:
Human Resources Officer
Prospects College of Advanced Technology
Upper College Building
Southend on Sea