AVIVA GIVES FANS THE CHANCE TO ENJOY THE AVIVA PREMIERSHIP RUGBY FINAL AS NEVER BEFORE
Rugby fans can get closer to their heroes than ever before thanks to a unique 360° experience from Aviva that puts viewers in amongst the celebrating players and captures the incredible live experiences and numbers from Saturday’s Aviva Premiership Rugby Final at Twickenham Stadium.
Using innovative Ricoh camera technology, the film from Aviva takes fans on a full 360° journey through the day of the Final, which saw Saracens run out 28-20 winners over Exeter Chiefs on a dramatic afternoon.
The exclusive film gives viewers the ability to scroll 360° around a range of immersive perspectives from the day, whilst simultaneously experiencing the key numbers and statistics from the Final. Key experiences include:
- Celebrating amongst the winning Saracens players as they sprayed champagne
- Being amongst the pack of photographers as Saracens captain Brad Barritt lifted the trophy
- Walking through the throngs of fans as the teams arrived at Twickenham Stadium
- Being inside the finalists’ dressing rooms as the kit men hang up the shirts
- Running out with the teams as they emerge from the tunnel to a wall of noise for kick-off
- Being on the Twickenham Stadium pitch at half-time as 120 Aviva Tackling Numbers children play tag-rugby in front of 76,109 fans
The numbers of the Final were brought to life to celebrate another successful season for the Aviva Tackling Numbers programme which, in partnership with Premiership Rugby, helps 7-9 year olds put foundations in place for better financial skills later in life. Fans can win the chance to be at the Aviva Premiership Rugby Final 2017 by testing their number skills and taking a rugby-themed maths test at aviva.co.uk/tacklingnumbers, where they can also find out more about the programme.
Keith Bibby, UK Customer Marketing, Aviva, commented: “The Aviva Premiership Rugby Final is the biggest day in the domestic rugby calendar and we wanted to share this with as many fans around the world as possible by providing a unique insight into what the players and fans experience at Twickenham. Using 360° cameras for the first ever time at the Final, we are giving fans the chance to be part of the celebrations with the Saracens players after winning a fantastic Final against Exeter Chiefs. The 360° film also shows what 120 school children from the Aviva Tackling Numbers programme experienced as they played tag rugby on the pitch at half-time.”
The Aviva Premiership Rugby Final 360° film was created with support from Ricoh, Official Partner of Premiership Rugby, using Ricoh WG-M2 4K action cameras. The film was shot and produced by Immersive VR for Aviva.