What is HITZ?
HITZ is Premiership Rugby’s flagship education and employability programme, working with over 2,000 14-to-23 year-olds across England every year.
Supported by partners CVC Foundation, Wooden Spoon and Land Rover, HITZ uses rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to get young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) back into education, training, apprenticeships and/or employment, and is delivered nationally by Premiership Rugby’s 13 shareholder clubs.
Aims of HITZ
- Use rugby’s core values to develop the personal skills, life skills and employability skills of young people who are NEET
- Help NEET audiences back into training, education and employment
- Provide an alternative environment for young people to earn vital Maths and English qualifications through the HITZ Learning Academy
- Offer valuable work experience opportunities and employer-led training sessions
- Deliver essential enrichment and sporting activities to develop individuals and their mental / physical well being
“HITZ uses rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to support young people to make positive changes in their life,” said Wayne Morris, Premiership Rugby’s Community and Corporate Responsibility Director. “We’re proud to work with so many young people every year, using the power of rugby to inspire them to get where they want to be. Starting out in a field in the London Borough of Hackney in 2008, HITZ has gone from strength-to-strength and helped participants turn their lives around through gaining qualifications and developing their personal skills, life skills and employability skills.”
- Nearly 20,000 14-23 year-olds have engaged in the HITZ programme since it was created in 2008
- More than 70% of participants go on to achieve a positive progression into further education, training or employment
- 80% of participants report an improvement in personal, social and physical well-being
Find out more
To enquire about the programme, contact your nearest club’s HITZ Officer using the contact details below.
|Bath Rugby||Mia Suteremail@example.com|
|Bristol Bears||Nick Georgefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Exeter Chiefs||Gareth Williams||Garethwilliams@exeterchiefs.co.uk|
|Gloucester Rugby||Mat Liddiard||Matliddiard@gloucesterrugby.co.uk|
|Leicester Tigers||Anthony O’Reilly||Anthony.OReilly@tigers.co.uk|
|London Irish||Nicole Pattisonemail@example.com|
|Newcastle Falcons||Dave Shottonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Northampton Saints||Jordan Yeates||Jordan.Yeates@northamptonsaintsfoundation.org|
|Sale Sharks||Jon Travena||John.Travena@salesharks.com|
|Worcester Warriors||Angus Laingemail@example.com|