TOP BAR - Fixtures

Match Stats - Fix Info

Match Page 2017-18 - Summary

Match Report: Saracens 29 Harlequins 30

05 Nov 2017
Match Report: Saracens 29 Harlequins 30

James Lang‘s nerveless conversion deep into injury time completed a sensational comeback for Harlequins as they fought back from 26-5 down to win 30-29 at Saracens.

Debutant Josh Ibuanokpe got the vital try with the 30th phase of Harlequins possession long after the clock had gone past the 80-minute mark in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.

Tries from Harry Sloan, Alofa Alofa and Elia Elia earlier in the match ensured Harlequins left with the try bonus point as well as the dramatic victory.

Jack Nay, Nathan Earle and Tom Whiteley crossed for the Aviva Premiership Rugby leaders, with young fly-half Max Malins kicking 14 points.

After an early Malins penalty, Harlequins struck back through Sloan, who was put through by Lang after Ben Glynn stole possession inside the Saracens half.

It could have been two a couple of minutes later, but stand-in captain Charlie Mulchrone knocked-on and two further Malins penalties soon had Saracens back on top.

Nay extended their advantage in the 36th minute when he broke through with Malins adding the extras.

Christopher Tolofua and Will Skelton combined early in the second half to send Earle over in the corner for his fourth Saracens try of the season.

Saracens’ third came when captain Ben Earl pounced on a loose ball, charged through the Harlequins defence and fed Whiteley to run in an easy score.

Alofa pulled a try back for Quins when he bundled his way over from close range and when Elia dotted down in the corner the gap was down to nine.

Lang then traded penalties with Malins before the Quins kicker converted another from the tee to put his side within a converted try of victory.

And long after the clock hit the red, substitute Ibuanokpe dug through a raft of bodies to score, and Lang’s conversion stole the victory for Harlequins.

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing