TOP BAR - Fixtures

Match Stats - Fix Info

Match Page 2017-18 - Summary

Match Report: Dragons 23 Scarlets 18

17 Nov 2017
Match Report: Dragons 23 Scarlets 18

Replacement Brok Harris drove over for the Dragons’ third second-half try as they overturned a 12-points deficit at half-time to beat Scarlets 23-18 in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.

Scarlets led at the break thanks to tries from Tomi Lewis and Rhodri Jones but saw their advantage wiped out as Ellis Shipp and Dan Babo went over early in the second half.

Prop Harris forced his way over to give the Dragons the lead and they held on to secure their first Anglo-Welsh Cup win of the campaign.

Scarlets’ debutant Dan Davis was forced into a try-saving tackle inside five minutes to keep it scoreless at Rodney Parade as Dragons put the pressure on early.

But the home side were caught napping as a quickly tapped penalty saw Scarlets burst through and full-back Lewis, on his first start for the region, dived over for the opening try.

Jones then stormed past the Dragons defence almost straight from the restart to extend the Scarlets lead with Billy McBryde adding the extras.

The Dragons reduced the briefly reduced the deficit through an Arwel Robson penalty after 29 minutes but the fly-half missed a second attempt shortly after.

And McBryde was able to restore Scarlets’ 12-point lead with a penalty in the final minute of the first half to take the visitors to 15-3 at the break.

The home side came out firing in the second half though and Shipp soon went over for their first try of the evening to reduce the deficit.

Prop Javan Sebastian was then shown a yellow card and the Dragons were soon level as Babos, on debut, went over after a strong driving maul from the forwards.

Robson added the extras to make it 15-15 with 51 minutes played before being replaced by former Wales international Gavin Henson.

And the Dragons’ comeback was completed when replacement prop Harris went over from close range to put the home side ahead before Sebastian returned.

McBryde and Henson traded late penalties and the Scarlets saw Joe Powell shown a yellow card to kill any hopes of a recovery.

Match Page 2017-18 - Lineups

Match Page 2017-18 - Current Standing