Hosts Northampton Saints will take on reigning champions Wasps and Gloucester Rugby in Pool A as the Premiership Rugby 7s returns to the East Midlands this summer.
For the second year running Franklin’s Gardens will play host to the series on 27 and 28 July, and supporters can now see who their teams will be facing on Friday evening before Saturday’s knockout stages.
Hosts Saints will lock horns with local rivals Wasps – who have won the last two editions of the tournament – and Gloucester.
Previous winners Newcastle Falcons and Saracens join Leicester Tigers to complete Pool B, while Exeter Chiefs, Worcester Warriors, and Bath Rugby will contest Pool C.
Harlequins, Sale Sharks, and newly-promoted Bristol Bears make up Pool D.
With free-flowing tries, lightning-fast offloads and crunching tackles all a certainty across two days of competition, the Premiership Rugby 7s is the chance to see the next generation of rugby stars go toe-to-toe.
“We’re really excited to be hosting the 7s competition here at Franklin’s Gardens in front of our own supporters,” said Mark Hopley, Saints Academy head coach.
“It’s a superb opportunity to start the season off on the front foot for the Club, and also for a number of our talented young players to put their hands up as they look to push for first team selection.
“No doubt it will be a good challenge for us; Wasps always field a strong side and are reigning champions for a reason, while Gloucester are very capable of playing great rugby at times.
“But hopefully we can put on a good show and play some entertaining rugby in front of a big crowd here on home soil.”
Tickets are available now for the Premiership Rugby 7s on July 27 and 28, don’t delay as Early Bird prices end on June 30. CLICK HERE to book your place.
|POOL A||POOL B||POOL C||POOL D|
About the 2018 Premiership Rugby 7s at Franklin’s Gardens:
- Chosen as the venue for the first ‘Olympic-style’ version of the tournament last season, Franklin’s Gardens will be the backdrop of the tournament for the next two years.
- Rugby isn’t the only attraction over the weekend with the Gardens becoming a hub of activity, opening its gates from 4.30pm on Friday, and 12.30pm on the Saturday.
- On the Friday night you can enjoy a party atmosphere with live music, Bandaoke and special Pie and a Drink* ticket bundles all alongside the start of an exciting two days of rugby.
- A family feeling takes over on Saturday, with a bouncy castle and face painting to be found in the Supporter Village, while a Crabbie’s touch tournament provides the fun on the back pitches. Fancy dress is not only welcomed, but encouraged – with prizes up for grabs for the most outrageous outfits.
- Club Season Ticket Holders can also enjoy special discounted day tickets, with Family Tickets (two adults + two juniors) also on sale.
- Other options include a private box for 12 people for just £300. If you’re looking for larger numbers call the Saints sales team on 01604 599118.
Premiership Rugby 7s Previous Winners
2010 – Saracens
2011 – Newcastle Falcons
2012 – London Irish
2013 – Gloucester Rugby
2014 – Gloucester Rugby
2015 – Newport Gwent Dragons
2016 – Wasps
2017 – Wasps