Premiership Rugby Limited
Premier Rugby Limited
Premier Rugby Limited, Regal House, 70 London Road, Twickenham, TW1 3QS
- Why do I need to read this Policy?
- 1.1 – At Premier Rugby Limited (‘Premiership Rugby’, ‘PRL’, ‘we’, ‘us’) we are committed to protecting your privacy & security. We want you to enjoy the world of Premiership Rugby, which is why we have created our websites, e-zines and apps, but as a responsible organisation, we also want to make sure that you know your rights and are in control of the information you share with us.
- 1.3 – To the extent that we determine the manner and the purpose of processing, we acknowledge that we are a Controller of your Personal Data and/or Sensitive Personal Data (which shall have the respective meanings given under applicable data protection laws). We undertake to act in accordance with the Regulation and any additional applicable laws at all times.
- 1.4 – So that we can honour our commitment to be as transparent as possible, we have put together this policy which tells you:
- what information we might collect about you when you visit our websites or download our apps or register to use our services
- how we might use that information
- how we use information if you book tickets or buy things from us or Premiership Rugby clubs
- when we might use your details to contact you
- what information of yours we might share with others
- your choices about the personal information you give us
- 1.6 – Please note that in order to access some of our services, we may need to collect personal data from you in order to provide such services (e.g. when you buy tickets). Where we need information for such purposes we will make this clear to you.
- What information do you collect about me?
- 2.1 – When you use our sites, or download our apps, we may ask you to provide certain information such as your name, address, email address.
- 2.2 – Please be aware that some of the services provided by us are only accessible to registered users. When you register to use our services, we will collect your name, email address, password, gender, postcode and date of birth and marketing preferences. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure at all times.
- 2.3 – When you order over our website, like when you buy tickets, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mobile telephone number, delivery address, credit or debit card number, expiry date (and valid from date and issue number for Switch cards). This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order. You will find that it is not compulsory to provide us with any additional information we request which is not necessary or reasonable in order to complete your transaction. We also ask for your telephone number, which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. We will give your name and address to our couriers and we may also give them your telephone number to aid the delivery of your order.
- 2.5 – We also automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers such as IP (internet protocol) address, device ID and app ID. We collect this to understand how you use our site and our apps, how we can improve it and how to make the services we provide to you better.
- 2.6 – In order to provide you with some of our services, we may need to collect personal data which is defined as ‘sensitive or ‘special’’, such as your medical data. We will ask you to signify your explicit consent to such information being processed by us whenever we collect such information from you and the provision of such information is voluntary. Usually we would only ask for this type of information if you had specific needs such as facilities that are wheelchair friendly etc, or to meet any other additional needs that you may have. We don’t use this information for any other purpose, unless there is an exceptional circumstance (for example law enforcement), we just want to make sure that you really enjoy rugby and that everyone can join in.
Information collected from third parties
- 2.7 – We receive information from Premiership Rugby clubs and trusted third party ticketing partners in relation to any tickets you have purchased to Premiership Rugby matches. We may then try to “match” this data with other lifestyle and demographic insights that we may already hold, which allows us to draw insights from and better understand the profiles, interests and habits of fans and to analyse and improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Why do you use my information?
- 3.1 – Personal information makes our website work; we need it so we can tailor our services to your needs. We’ve set out below the main reasons why we use your data so that were clear about why we process it:
We process your information for the following purposes to fulfil our contract with you:
- in the normal course of our services, to allow us to register you to receive our services and to provide you with our services
- to allow you to buy tickets to matches
- to allow you to purchase Passes to watch PRTV Live
- to allow you to enter competitions that we run
- to allow us to manage your account(s) and orders, as well as to deal with any issues with your orders
- to send you confirmation of ticket orders
- to send you our newsletters (where you have sad that you would like to receive it)
- to store your details when you return to our sites, which includes things like details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access on the basis that processing is necessary in order to perform our contract with you to provide our services.
We also make use of your details for purposes, which are in our legitimate interests and allow us to deliver our goods and services:
- to allow us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you so that we can provide a more tailored experience to you, for example if you support a particular team, well make sure you hear more about them, and information on things like ticket offers;
- to allow us to draw insights from and better understand the profiles, interests and habits of fans;
- to validate your Personal Data (and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party) to check that the Personal Data we hold about our users is accurate, consistent and up to date on the basis that you have consented to such processing by agreeing to share your Personal Data with us for such purposes;
- to protect you and us from credit card fraud and ensure that when you make payments on our platforms, it’s secure
- developing and/or consolidating our ventures and interests, as well as defending our legal rights and/or seeking advice from our professional advisors;
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- 3.2 – We will periodically check that the Personal Data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the Personal Data we hold about you, please see below.
- I’m under 18, can I access your site?
- 4.1- We know that old and young alike love rugby. Our websites and apps are aimed at over 18s, but we appreciate that they are accessed by a wide audience, which may include under 18’s.
- 4.2 – We make our website generally accessible and want to keep information about world-class rugby free for all. Although our services are not aimed at under 18’s, as a responsible organisation we will keep our services secure and will always take into consideration the Information Commissioners Office’s approach to children’s online safety.
- 4.3 – We do not ask for personal data to be provided by our site (save for certain services where you need to have a Premiership Rugby Account, for which you will need to be 18 years or older). Therefore in making our site generally accessible to the public we are processing information on the basis that keeping such information available is fun, promotes interest in sport and community engagement. We will always keep the safety and security of our sites under regular review and think about how we can make sure that any content we deliver is safe for all.
- 4.4 – If you do want to use our sites and you are under 18, it’s a good idea to make sure that you let your parent or guardian know that you access our site so that they can help you to keep safe online too.
- Who do you share my information with?
- 5.1 – As part of using our services, we may also share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- service providers and other third parties who process and store data on our behalf
- professional advisors
- 5.2 – We may also share your Personal Data with third parties:
- 5.1 – As part of using our services, we may also share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- in the event that our services, either in whole or in part, are acquired by a third party (in which case Personal Data about clients will be one of the transferred assets)
- if we are under a legal duty or have a lawful ground, to disclose or share your Personal Data
- in order to enforce any contract with you
- to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, clients, constituents or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations and local authorities for the purposes of fraud, safeguarding and crime prevention.
Again, we will always undertake a balancing exercise when we undertake such sharing and ensure that third parties with whom we work respect your privacy too.
- How long do you store my personal information for?
- 6.2 – In any event, we will only store your Personal Data whilst you continue to use our services and for a period of 24 months thereafter.
- Where do you store my information?
- 7.1- In order to ensure fair and transparent processing, we will, taking into account our processing activities, adopt appropriate procedures for the processing of Personal Data, which shall include implementing technical and organisational measures which take into account the harm that may be suffered, and correct inaccuracies identified in Personal Data processed, so that risk of errors are minimised and your Personal Data is processed in a fair and secure manner.
- 7.2 – All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our webiste and/or apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 7.3 – From time to time, service providers and organisations with whom we work to provide services to you or agencies with which we work, may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your Personal Data. We will also ensure that our service providers enter into compliant processing agreements with us to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- 8.1 – The provision of Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing is voluntary and you do not need to provide such Personal Data in order to receive our services, but you may like to sign up so you get our newsletters and updates about matches, its entirely up to you.
- 8.2 – We will only contact you with regards to details of our services where you have indicated your express consent for us to do so by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the website. If you are an existing subscriber we will continue to market to you unless you tell us otherwise, as the new laws regarding marketing require us to think carefully about whether we have your permission to market to you, you may receive, or may have already received an email asking you if you are still ok with us emailing you. We have sent this to make sure we don’t send you emails that you don’t want. If you don’t want to hear from us, please let us know and we will make sure you aren’t contacted again.
- 8.3 – You can exercise the right to opt-out of receiving such marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or selecting “unsubscribe” on the relevant marketing communication.
- 8.4 – Please note that some emails, we have to send to you, like confirmation of your ticket orders etc. You cannot opt-out of receiving these emails as they are required in order for us to fulfil your order.
- What are my rights?
Subject to our legal requirements and lawful grounds of processing, you may:
- Access to your personal data: You may request access to a copy of your Personal Data, by providing details of your request.
- Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent to processing at any time, explaining why you wish to do so.
- Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Data held about you by providing the updated information.
- Erasure: You may ask us to delete your Personal Data, specifying why you would like us to delete your Personal Data.
- Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your Personal Data by providing details of your objection.
- Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, who can be contacted via ico.org.uk.
- IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
When accessing PRTV Live, IP addresses may be used to identify the country from which you are accessing the service in order to ensure that the service is only available in the countries as set out in the PRTV Live Terms and Conditions.
- Links to Other Websites
Our sites and services may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- Contact Us
We hope you enjoy the rugby.