Premiership Rugby Champions is an interactive cross curriculum-based digital app supported by the CVC Foundation and BT Supporters Club. The app has been developed with expert learning technology company, Aspire2Be, to inspire primary school children to get moving whilst developing important life skills.
Available on iOS and Android, Premiership Rugby Champions provides primary school teachers with free resources tackling health, numeracy, and character, with digital literacy development the heart of the content. Developed by teachers for teachers, Premiership Rugby Champions provides interactive themed project-based lesson plans and materials for use in the classroom and outside.
- Develop primary school children’s digital literacy skills
- Use the inspiration and role models of Premiership Rugby clubs to connect pupils’ learning to the world around them
- Improve educational outcomes for young children, increasing their digital know-how, self-esteem and raising their aspirations
“Professional rugby is proven to improve the lives and educational prospects of children and young people,” said Wayne Morris, Premiership Rugby’s Community and Corporate Responsibility Director. “Our players are role models to so many young people and the Premiership Rugby Champions app uses the power of rugby to inspire young children to learn, be active and discover their own inner champion to help them achieve their potential.”
“All of the sessions really engaged the students. As a teacher, it gives me everything I need and is packed with relevant curriculum links and resources.”
Year 4 Teacher, High Wych Church of England Primary School
“We got how it worked straightaway, it was really simple and effective. I really enjoyed that we all had to work as a team together.”
Year 5 Pupil, Bedwell Primary School
Rugby has the ability to influence attitudes and behaviours for life, Premiership Rugby Champions uses the inspiration and role models of Premiership Rugby Clubs to connect pupils’ learning to the world around them, growing their self-esteem and raising their aspirations.
- Content on the app is linked to the curriculum and directly meets requirements
- Early feedback from teachers complemented the ease of use of the app and the breadth of resources included within it
- Children have found the app simple and effective, enjoying the teamwork elements included within the app
- Unique app content has been created with all 13 Premiership Rugby shareholder clubs
To read more about a teacher’s first-hand experience of using Champions, visit the Department for Education blog here – https://teaching.blog.gov.uk/2019/10/31/rugby-world-cup-schools-primary-lessons/
Find out more
Whilst schools are off, Premiership Rugby are here to help!
Using the sport we all love, and with the help of expert learning technology company Aspire 2Be, we have developed a collection of free, curriculum-linked resources to help parents up and down the country educate and entertain their children whilst at home.
You will find plenty of ideas for helping your children get active, as well as fun videos, games and worksheets for Maths, English and Health and Wellbeing.
Download the sessions below: