Twelve community rugby clubs win money-can’t-buy competition to train with stars from Gallagher Premiership Rugby
Twelve community rugby clubs have won the opportunity to train with stars from their local Gallagher Premiership Rugby club, after winning a nationwide competition launched by Gallagher, the community insurance broker and proud title partner of Premiership Rugby.
Gallagher’s Train with Your Heroes competition was live over a three-week period in November and encouraged local people to nominate their community rugby club or team by detailing how it embodies the spirit and values of rugby both on and off the pitch.
After a difficult shortlisting process, reviewing just under 300 detailed submissions, Gallagher has revealed the 12 successful entries who will each receive a skills-sharpening session, full of professional tips and guidance, hosted by star players from their local Gallagher Premiership Rugby team.
The winners include:
- Crediton RFC – for growing its first girl’s rugby team into multiple squads that now boast over 100 regular girls and ladies players, from across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset;
- Cheddar Valley U10s – who were put forward by their coach Jon Wood, for exemplifying the values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship;
- Hucclecote and Painswick U12s – nominated by parent Denise Darlow-Joy, for their commitment, inclusivity, passion, energy and perseverance in overcoming adversity and embracing their merged team ‘Hucclewick’ in order to ensure they can always field enough players; and
- Northampton Outlaws – the only gay and inclusive LGBT club in the East Midlands, who will use the training session to welcome new players that have recently joined, after the club embarked on a major local recruitment campaign.
The full list of winners can be seen below:
1. Bath: Melksham Rugby U11s
2. Bristol: Cheddar Valley U10s
3. Exeter: Crediton RFC
4. Gloucester: Hucclecote and Painswick U12s
5. Harlequins: Warlingham RFC U10s
6. Leicester Tigers: Ilkeston U10s
7. Newcastle Falcons: Darlington Mowdan Park U18 Girls
8. Northampton Saints: Northampton Outlaws
9. Sale Sharks: Lymm U15s
10. Saracens: Harrow U14s
11. Wasps: Kenliworth Ladies
12. Worcester Warriors: Wolverhampton RUFC U12s
In addition to hosting 12 dedicated training sessions with Gallagher Premiership Rugby players and the winning clubs, the individuals who submitted each of the winning entries have also received two tickets on behalf of Gallagher to the Gallagher Premiership Rugby Final on 1st June 2019.
Throughout the 2018/19 Gallagher Premiership Rugby season, Gallagher is championing heroes of the game, shining a light on the individuals and groups within the wider rugby community that embody the spirt of rugby and help make it an inclusive and empowering sport.
This competition marks the latest celebration of the rugby community following the campaign’s launch in August where Gallagher asked each club to nominate two people who they felt best demonstrated their rugby family, resulting in 24 Gallagher Community Heroes, who embody the values and spirit of rugby. All 24 Gallagher Community Heroes had a hand in putting their vote forward for this competition, helping Gallagher identify the winning clubs.
With local teams and community clubs playing an invaluable role within the rugby family to help protect and grow the game, this is an opportunity for Gallagher and Premiership Rugby to congratulate them on their commitment to the sport, by delivering the ultimate prize of an exclusive training session with their own on-pitch heroes. The training sessions will be fulfilled from February to May 2019.
Gallagher is the brand name of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) – the global insurance broker, risk management services and consulting firm headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
In the UK, Gallagher has more than 4,500 employees specialising in risk management and insurance solutions for corporate, commercial and personal customers. Through a regional UK network of customer-focused branches in more than 50 locations, and its specialty London market operations, Gallagher offers tailored insurance programmes and coverage for both UK and international clients. It is dedicated to providing local service and support to businesses, backed up by national industry specialism and global reach.
With operations in 35 countries, Gallagher offers client service capabilities in more than 150 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.
For further information, please visit www.ajg.com/uk