Bristol Bears team to face Wasps
* Piutau and Muldowney set for first starts
* Nine changes for Ricoh Arena clash
* George Smith listed among the replacements
* Steve Luatua and Callum Sheedy named as co-captains
Charles Piutau and Aly Muldowney will make their first competitive starts when Bristol travel to Wasps in round three of the Premiership Cup on Sunday (3pm KO).
The Bears make nine changes for the Ricoh Arena clash, as Will Hurrell also returns to the backline.
In the pack, Yann Thomas, Shaun Malton and John Afoa form an all-new front row, while Ed Holmes joins Muldowney in the engine room.
Steve Luatua and Jordan Crane come into the back row as Bristol aim for back-to-back victories in the competition.
Head coach Pat Lam said: “After the positive result last weekend, it’s vital we keep showing improvements as a team ahead of another tough opposition in Wasps.
“This is our last opportunity to fine-tune different areas of our game with Premiership Rugby on the horizon. The guys feel confident and well-rested so there is an excellent mood and determination in camp.”
George Smith is listed among the replacements, while Joe Joyce recovers from a knee injury to be included in the 23-man squad.
Bristol Bears team to face Wasps on Sunday, November 11th (3pm KO):
15. Charles Piutau; 14. Luke Morahan, 13. Piers O’Conor, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Ryan Edwards; 10. Callum Sheedy (co-capt), 9. Andy Uren; 1. Yann Thomas, 2. Shaun Malton, 3. John Afoa, 4. Ed Holmes, 5. Aly Muldowney, 6. Steve Luatua (co-capt), 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Jordan Crane.
Replacements: 16. Nick Fenton-Wells, 17. Jake Woolmore, 18. Lewis Thiede, 19. Joe Joyce, 20. George Smith, 21. Harry Randall, 22. Tiff Eden, 23. Sam Bedlow.
Unavailable: Harry Thacker (neck), Sione Faletau (calf), Chris Vui (groin), Joe Latta (eye), James Dun (shoulder), Ian Madigan (shoulder), Jack Tovey (knee), Mat Protheroe (knee), Luke Daniels (hamstring), Aaron Chapman (hamstring).
International duty: Siale Piutau (Tonga), Tusi Pisi, Alapati Leiua, Jack Lam, Jordan Lay, James Lay (Samoa).