England head coach Eddie Jones has made four changes to his side to play Argentina in Saturday’s third match of the Old Mutual Wealth Series at Twickenham Stadium (kick-off 2.30pm, live on Sky Sports 2).
Saracens’ George Kruis is named at second-row after recovering from an ankle injury and Northampton Saints’ Tom Wood returns at flanker.
In the backline there are also returns for Harlequins’ Mike Brown at full back and Gloucester Rugby’s Jonny May on the right wing while Teimana Harrison is included on a bench that is otherwise unchanged.
“Selection was interesting this week but it shows how competitive and how much depth we are developing,” said Jones.
“We’ve had a strong week’s preparation and I’ve been really impressed by the players desire to get better. It is a strong and relentless team.
“All the credit for what the team has done so far this autumn deserves to go to the players who have been absolutely exceptional.
“Dylan Hartley has led from the front as have Owen Farrell, George Ford and Billy Vunipola. There are a number of other players that have been in leadership roles helping to develop the team.
— Premiership Rugby (@premrugby) November 24, 2016
“This game against Argentina is a big step up for us as they were probably the second best team in the Rugby Championship and played some exceptional rugby.
“They are a quality team, have power in the forwards, speed and guile in the backs as well as great experience.
“We appreciate they have threats across the field and they have always been a physical, tough side.
“They still have their set-piece armoury in the scrum and lineouts so we’re looking forward to a great game of rugby against them.
“The set-piece is going to be important. We have worked hard on our scrum and maul this week so they are areas we feel we can get a slight dominance in.
“We are looking forward to that physical challenge because when you play against the Argentinians it is a challenge. It is forwards against forwards, backs against backs. It is a bit of an old fashioned game.”
England match-day 23 for the Old Mutual Wealth Series game against Argentina:
15. Mike Brown (vice captain, Harlequins, 53 caps)
14. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 20 caps)
13. Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 27 caps)
12. Owen Farrell (vice captain, Saracens, 45 caps)
11. Elliot Daly (Wasps, 7 caps)
10. George Ford (Bath Rugby, 28 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 63 caps)
1. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 37 caps)
2. Dylan Hartley (captain, Northampton Saints, 77 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 67 caps)
4. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 51 caps)
5. George Kruis (Saracens, 18 caps)
6. Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 53 caps)
7. Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 43 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (vice captain, Saracens, 31 caps)
16. Jamie George (Saracens, 10 caps)
17. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 44 caps)
18. Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 2 caps)
19. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 1 cap)
20. Teimana Harrison (Northampton Saints, 3 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 64 caps)
22. Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors, 2 caps)
23. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 3 caps)