There are more tries scored in Aviva Premiership Rugby than in other professional league in the world but six have emerged as the best of the best in the race to find the Citizen Try of the Season.
Aviva Premiership Rugby has moved over the significant five tries per match threshold for the first time since the 1999-2000 season making the job of selecting the shortlist for the Citizen Try of the Season even harder.
But the judging panel emerged with half a dozen sensational scores from players at four different Aviva Premiership Rugby clubs.
The shortlist is:
- Kyle Eastmond v Leicester Tigers
- Kyle Eastmond v Saracens
- Christian Wade v Saracens
- Charlie Sharples v Northampton Saints
- Sinoti Sinoti v Bath Rugby
- Joe Simpson v Exeter Chiefs
The shortlist was compiled by a panel of media professionals – Mick Cleary (Daily Telegraph), Ben Coles (Planet Rugby), Jill Douglas (Freelance), Alastair Eykyn (BT Sport), Chris Jones (BBC Radio), Sarah Mockford (Rugby World), David Rogers (Getty Images), and Owen Slot (The Times). They were joined by Paul Morgan (Premiership Rugby's Communications Director) who chaired the panel.
On 20 May the winners of the following Awards will be announced:
- Aviva Premiership Rugby Player of the Season
- Aviva Community Player of the Season
- BT Sport Aviva Premiership Rugby Dream Team
- Citizen Try of the Season
- Gilbert Golden Boot
- Green Flag Forward of the Season
- Guinness Director of Rugby of the Season
- Land Rover Discovery of the Season
- Trivento Top Try Scorer of the Season
The remaining shortlists will be announced over the next seven days.
The winners will be announced on Thursday 20 May at the sold out Aviva Premiership Rugby Awards at the Hilton, Park Lane. The event will be covered live on Twitter via the @premrugby account.