Premiership Rugby can today confirm that Bath Rugby’s rearranged Aviva Premiership Rugby match against Sale Sharks will take place on Wednesday 13 April, unless the Sharks fail to progress to the semi-finals of the European Rugby Challenge Cup.
The original match was postponed as a consequence of the terror attacks in Paris which led to re-arrangement of a number of European fixtures including Bath Rugby’s trip to Toulon.
• New date: Wednesday 13 April
• If Sale Sharks do not win their European Rugby Challenge Cup quarter final against Montpellier, the match at the Recreation Ground will be played on Saturday 23 April
• A further consequence is that the Sale Sharks v Bath Aviva Premiership match at the AJ Bell Stadium will now be played on Sunday 17 April for player welfare reasons
“Player welfare is Premiership Rugby’s number one priority so we will always try to avoid midweek fixtures wherever we can,” explained Phil Winstanley, Rugby Director at Premiership Rugby.
“We are trying to deal with some pretty exceptional circumstances caused by the tragic events in Paris in a year when we already had significant congestion caused by the delay to the season start due to the Rugby World Cup.
"We are hopeful that Sale progress through their quarter final of the European Challenge Cup and, if this is the case, we have no alternative but to play a midweek fixture. However, we need to avoid this if at all possible and if Sale don’t progress through to the semi-final we will be rescheduling the fixture on 23 April.
“We fully understand the difficulties that this creates for both Clubs and thank them for their cooperation in finding the right solution.”
Ticket information from Bath Rugby
If you have bought tickets for the original game, please read below for the different scenarios.
– If you can make the game on either Weds 13th or weekend of 23rd April, keep your ticket from the original game – it will still be valid at the gates.
– If you cannot make either new date for the game, please return your tickets to the Ticket Office for a refund:
- Tickets must be physically returned to the Ticket Office, either in person or by post, as soon as possible.
- Ticket Office staff will then contact you to arrange your refund
- Bath Rugby cannot process a refund without the tickets, so would advise that if you are posting them to us, they are sent recorded delivery.
- In accordance with our refund policy, you have 48 hours before the game takes place (final deadline: Thursday 21st April.), however we would advise you return them as soon as possible to avoid any issues.
– Season Ticket Holders Ticket Exchange
- Ticket Exchange will be in operation for this game, however please make sure that you cannot attend the game before putting your seat up for sale. Bath Rugby cannot get your seat back should you decide you can make the game at a later date.
– Hospitality packages are also now available for this game:
- o There will be a number of hospitality options available to purchase ranging from our Riverview Suite through to hospitality boxes.
- o All will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- o Prices range from £125 + vat pp up to £2500 + vat for a box for 12 guests.
- o Should Sale Sharks not progress further in the European Rugby Challenge Cup and the match moves to Saturday 23rd April all bookings will be valid for this date. However, full refunds will be offered up to (and including) Wednesday 13th April.
For more details please call the Hospitality Team on 01225 325200 option 2 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org