PREMIERSHIP Rugby is seeking a new Charity Partnerships & Programme Manager to work from their offices in Twickenham.
Working within a close knit team running Aviva Premiership Rugby and in close collaboration with our partners and the Head of Programmes, the applicant will manage our four national charity partnerships (currently Comic Relief, Movember, Restart Rugby and Wooden Spoon) activation across the 12 Premiership Rugby Clubs, as well as programme management of related community programmes.
Community work is embedded in our governance and each club is required to deliver a range of community development programmes which are led by qualified, experienced employees.
Our community strategy is delivered by 140 club based community staff under two campaigns: PLAY and BreakThru:
• BreakThru inspires and motivates positive health, education and social inclusion outcomes.
• PLAY tackles inactivity and grows rugby, particularly in new audiences.
Premiership Rugby is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced professional to work as part of a multi-award winning team to help drive the growth of Premiership Rugby’s community programmes and charity partnerships. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their proven track record in the following areas:
Account Management of Charity Partnerships
• Ability to articulate strong partnership working with a variety of stakeholders in order to manage internal and external relationships.
• Ability to motivate and influence others through written and personal presentations.
• Develop and deliver a charity strategy at national and regional levels.
• A flagship event supporting Sport Relief.
• Managing multi-site or multi-partner programmes which includes programme management, budget, reporting and monitoring frameworks.
• Preparing timely, well written and impact focused donor reporting including financial reporting with support of a finance officer.
• Organising and promoting learning and best practice sharing including leading the commissioning and management of consultants.
• A confident and effective networker, the Charity Partnerships & Programme Manager will have strong aptitude for building relationship across stakeholders a range of stakeholders in the private, governmental and charitable arenas.
• This will also include regular communication and reporting with related programme funders.
• A candidate who is already well networked in the charitable and sport arena would be of particular interest.
• The successful applicant will be a pro-active self-starter, willing and able to take ownership of tasks and show initiative to get things done.
• S/he will show great attention to detail, be organised and capable of managing a busy workload calmly and efficiently.
• S/he will have excellent written and presentation skills and good IT skills.
• S/he will be able to communicate confidently at all levels and handle confidential information with discretion.
• S/he will exhibit high levels of diplomacy and an aptitude for working with partners.
Knowledge of the sport of Rugby Union is beneficial but not essential.
This role will involve travel to professional clubs across the country, some evening and weekend working.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK-based experience will be considered.
How to apply:
In writing with a current CV and covering letter (no more than 1½ pages) outlining your suitability for the role as per the specification above.
i) your expertise and experience in the charities and sport arena
ii) track record of managing programmes
iii) details of your current remuneration package and notice period
Submissions should be by email to Clare Glover at email@example.com before Friday 4 March 2016.
First round interviews will be held in Twickenham during the week commencing Monday 14 March, with second round interviews being held the week commencing Monday 21 March.
Salary: Dependent on experience and available on request
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 12 month contract (extension subject to funding)