This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced community development professional to work as part of a multi-award winning team to help shape the future offering of Premiership Rugby and its member clubs.
Working within a close knit team running Aviva Premiership Rugby, the applicant will oversee the successful delivery of part of Premiership Rugby’s multi award-winning programme portfolio including our flagship HITZ programme.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 12 month contract (extension subject to funding)
The Programme Delivery Manager will be responsible for:
- Supporting the ongoing roll out of the HITZ programme through all professional rugby clubs
- Ensuring the programme is delivered to a high standard, on time and on budget.
- Leading on timely, well written and impact focused donor reporting.
- Maintaining financial records in line with the funder’s reporting requirements.
- Managing relationships with educational providers and the clubs to ensure consistency of delivery across the clubs.
- Working with the Club Community Managers and Delivery Mangers to ensure delivery of the programmes KPI’s within budget.
- Developing educational resources and curriculum.
- Working with an external consultant to develop monitoring tools and ensuring they use them to monitor project delivery qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Working with the Play and BreakThru Campaign Development Managers proactively to secure funding to ensure sustainable programming.
- Liaising with the Premiership Rugby communications team to ensure the programme receives diverse media coverage.
Premiership Rugby is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced programme manager to facilitate the delivery and growth of a number of its community programmes that work with young people and/or NEETs in deprived / underserved areas.
- The Programme Delivery Manager will demonstrate technical expertise in education and /or sport for development programming.
- Applicants with expertise and experience in the education, employability and sport arena would be of particular interest.
- Development of educational resources and/or curriculum would also be of interest.
Programme Management Experience
The Programme Delivery Manager will have at least three years’ proven track record of:
- Managing multi-site and/or multi-partner programmes which includes programme management, budget, reporting and monitoring frameworks.
- Preparing timely, well written and impact focused donor reporting including financial reporting with support of a finance officer.
- Organising and promoting learning and best practice sharing including leading the commissioning and management of consultants.
- A confident and effective networker, the Programme Delivery Manager will have strong aptitude for building relationship across a range of stakeholders in the private, educational, governmental and charitable arenas.
- This will also include regular communication and reporting with related programme funders.
- The successful applicant will be a pro-active self-starter, willing and able to take ownership of tasks and show initiative to get things done.
- S/he will show great attention to detail, be organised and capable of managing a busy workload calmly and efficiently.
- S/he will have excellent written and presentation skills and good IT skills.
- S/he will be able to communicate confidently at all levels and handle confidential information with discretion.
- S/he will exhibit high levels of diplomacy and an aptitude for working with partners.
- S/he will have previous experience of manging work programmes of non-direct reports.
Knowledge of the sport of Rugby Union is beneficial but not essential.
This role will involve travel to professional clubs across the country, some evening and weekend working.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK and possess a suitable amount of UK-based experience will be considered.
How to apply:
In writing with a current CV and covering letter (no more than 1½ pages) outlining your suitability for the role as per the specification above.
- your motivation for applying
- expertise and examples of relevant experience in the education, employability and sport arena including track record of managing programmes
- details of your current remuneration package and notice period
Submissions should be by email to Clare Glover at firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 11 December 2016.
First round interviews will be held in Twickenham on Thursday 15 December 2016, with second round interviews being held on Monday 19 December 2016 and 20 December 2016.
Premiership Rugby is the umbrella organisation which represents England’s 14 professional rugby clubs. Community work is embedded in our governance at Premiership Rugby.
Each club delivers a community development programme, led by qualified, experienced employees. Our community strategy is delivered by 140 club based community staff under two campaigns: PLAY and BreakThru.
- BreakThru creates positive health, education and social inclusion outcomes.
- PLAY tackles inactivity and grows rugby, particularly in new audiences.